This Saturday will be a great time to bring the whole family out for the 53rd Annual Wilmington Jaycees' Holiday Parade!
Here's the details:
The Wilmington Jaycees’ 53rd Annual Christmas Parade will be held in conjunction with Small Business Saturday on November 26th. Start the shopping season by supporting local businesses that create jobs, boost our economy, and preserve neighborhoods around our country.
11am Jaycee Christmas Parade wilmingtonjaycees.com
The Parade route beings at 5th and King Streets, and ends at Rodney Square. Children at the parade are encouraged to write a letter to Santa and drop it off when Santa passes along the parade route. (Children should provide their complete mailing address, including zip code, if they would like a reply.) The Wilmington Jaycees will work with Santa and his elves to make every effort to answer each letter.
12:30pm-1:30pm Photos with Santa at The Baby Grand, 818 N. Market Street *Bring your camera & take FREE photos with Santa!
Enjoy non-alcoholic drinks inside the Baby Grand *Cash Bar*
2pm & 8pm The Playhouse on Rodney Square Theatre:
Broadway Christmas Wonderland
www.duponttheatre.com or 302.652.5577
12pm-2pm LIVE MUSIC
Enjoy live music at various Downtown locations TBD!
#ShopSmall this holiday season in Downtown, Wilmington
Enjoy great deals at the following businesses:
• ACT Generation, 715 N. Orange Street 2nd Floor – Shopping, food, music art from 8a-8p with vendors
• Al’s Sporting Good, 200 N. Market Street www.alssportinggoods.net – $10 off of $60 spent, $20 off of $110 spent. Not to be combined with other offers or sales. *print coupon below
• Cherné Altovise Jewelry, 316 N. Market Street www.chernealtovise.com - 20% off total purchase. Not to be combined with other offers or sales.
• Collars n Cuffs, 716 N. Market Street collarsncuffsonline.com – 20% off entire purchase, not to be combined with other offers.
• Delaware History Museum/African American History Museum - 50% off admission to Read House, the Delaware History Museum and the Jane & Littleton Mitchell Center for African American Heritage, not to be combined with other offers.
• LaFate Gallery, 227 N. Market Street www.lafategallery.com - offering 40% Discount on Original Paintings and 25% on Limited Edition Prints.
• LOMA Coffee, 239 N. Market Street www.lomacoffee.com - Receive 10% off your purchase when you mention that you #shopsmall
City Announces Holiday Season Metered Parking Policy:
During the upcoming holiday season, metered parking will be free in Wilmington’s downtown business district and at the Riverfront during specific times of the day, beginning Friday, November 25, 2016, and running through January 1, 2017.
• Citizens and visitors to the City of Wilmington are reminded that paying for metered parking will only be required between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
• From 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. the following morning, metered parking will be free.
• This free parking policy only applies to the downtown area from 2nd Street to 12th Street, and from French Street and Washington Street. The policy also applies to the entire Riverfront community.