Form: Farmer's Market Application
General Rules and Regulations for the 2018 season
Downtown Visions shall enforce all Market Rules and Regulations. Permission to participate in the Downtown Wilmington Farmers Market (DWFM) can be revoked by Downtown Visions and/or the City of Wilmington at any time. These rules are mandatory for all farmers, food vendors and artisans (collectively called vendors) participating in the DWFM and are part of the agreement for participants.
1) Hours of Operation
- Wednesdays: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- DWFM vendor arrival and set-up: 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- DWFM vendor breakdown and leaving: 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- All vehicles must be removed from the market area by 10 a.m. Vendors agree to open for business at 10 a.m. and to stay open for business until 2:00 p.m., unless otherwise pre-arranged with Market Manager. If you arrive late to the market you may lose the opportunity to vend for the day.
2) Market Schedule
- The Downtown Wilmington Farmers Market will be held weekly from May 2, 2018 through October 31, 2018. There will be no market on June 20, 2018 because of the Clifford Brown Jazz Festival in Rodney Square.
- Vendors are asked to give 24-hours notice if they cannot attend a weekly Market. If an emergency arises preventing your attendance, please contact the DWFM staff at (302) 425-0196 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If a vendor does not arrive on-site by 9 a.m., unless otherwise pre-arranged with Market Manager, his/her assigned or pre-paid space will be considered vacant for that day and DWFM staff reserves the right to fill vacant spaces at that time with other vendors.
- Daily parking passes will be given out on a First Come Basis (25). If you purchase a space for the year and are paid in full before the start of the 2018 season you will receive a parking pass for the full market season, these passes are located at 11th and King St. Vendors will be issued a Vendor Parking Pass for either the WPA lot at 8th & Orange Streets or the King Street meters. Vendors must have their vehicles in the designated area no later than 10:00a.m. A total of 25 parking pass will be given out, if you do not get one you will have to pay for you own parking.
- Please display your parking pass on your dashboard. Downtown Visions and the City of Wilmington are not responsible for any parking tickets incurred by vendors or customers at the DWFM.
5) Market Fees
- Downtown Visions establishes rental fees for tents and spaces at the Farmers Market. The DWFM staff will collect fees at the end of each market day. Vendors also have the option of paying fees in advance. Please see below for options. Downtown Visions will continue to offer vendors the option to pay space and tent rental fees on-site (by check or cash only) on a weekly basis.
- The fee for a 10 x 10 space at the Market is $25 (flat rate) per space per day on a pay-as-you-go basis. If you require more than a 10x10 space, you will need to reserve 2 spaces, each at $25. This includes both space on the grass. *All food trucks and rolling carts will be charge $35.00 per market day. Pre-paid food truck space for the 2018 season, with a 10% discount will be $787.50. All payments must be made by April 1, 2018. Space is available on a first come basis with approval of the market manager.
- Fees are collected on Market day on a pay-as-you-go basis. Fees will be collected at the end of each Market day.
- If you would like to be a RESERVED/PREPAID vendor, you can prepay for the season at a 10% discount. Total prepayment for the 2016 season with the 10% discount is $562.50 ($62.50 savings). Also included in pre-payment is first choice picking your vendor space and parking on King Street or 12th Street. Pre-payments can be made by mailing a check, payable to Downtown Visions, to the address below on or before April 1, 2018. All pre-payments must be received by April 1, 2018. This applies to season prepayments only. Please do not mail pay-as-you-go, weekly payments.
- The DWFM staff will assign all tents and locations. Space preference will be given to those vendors who pay in advance. Please see above for advanced payment options. While we try to locate vendors in the same spot each week, there are no guarantees that they will have the same space each week and will be assigned a location according to space availability. Reserved/Prepaid vendors are guaranteed their location only when they are present at the market. The DWFM Staff reserves the right to use their space if they are absent from the Market or if they fail to arrive onsite by 9:00a.m. without prior notice to Market Manager.
- All vendors must obtain a 10x10' pop-up (EZ-Up) tent as there is no shade/rain protection in Rodney Square. All vendors must have weights available in case of strong gusts of wind. Tents with guide/support lines are strictly prohibited. Please contact Market Manager for more information.
- The Downtown Wilmington Farmers’ Market may be able to accommodate requests from Vendors for additional/multiple 10x10’ tent rentals. Please contact the Market Manager for availability and pricing as the tent inventory is limited.
Tables and Chairs
- All vendors are required to supply their own tables and chairs each week. The DWFM will not store tables for Vendors. The café tables and chairs are for customer use and are not to be used by vendors.
Sales People at the Tents
- People knowledgeable of the items for sale must be present in vendor tents at all times during the DWFM.
- Children under the age of 16 will not be allowed to sell unless accompanied by an adult knowledgeable of the items for sale.
- Vendors must be dressed appropriately for working with the public.
8) General Rules/Code of Conduct
- The market is a Farmers Market. We would like to encourage the sale of farm products, however, lunch food, craft, bakery, and other items will be allowed, as market demand dictates.
- Farmers may partner with other local farmers to bring their product to market.
- All vendors are responsible for liability insurance and compliance with any/all requirements of the State of Delaware.
- All items for sale will be marked as such with clear pricing.
- Any scale used for determining price will display a current legal inspection sticker.
- All vendors will display their products in a clean and safe manner.
- At the close of market vendors will clean their immediate area and remove all boxes, packing materials and trash.
- Vendors should operate their business in a professional manner at all times.
- This is not a discount market. Anyone engaging in price wars may be removed from the market. Fraudulent, dishonest or deceptive merchandising will result in removal from the market.
- We may permit the sale of some ‘green grocer’ items with the understanding that these vendors may not sell anything locally available. (Ex. bananas, citrus, grapes, etc. Are ok. – not sweet corn or tomatoes, etc. when available locally)
- Fees collected will be used for advertising and maintenance of the market area and other operational expenses.
- The DWFM staff (market manager, assistants, Department of Parks employees, volunteers, and community service workers), and DWFM vendors and customers will not be subject to language or actions considered to be abusive, profane, threatening, or harassing.
- Solicitation for products, services, or charitable contributions, not specifically addressed as a market commodity, or by vendors other than market vendors, will not be permitted, except with special permission granted by the DWFM Staff and the City of Wilmington.
- All Vendors will be responsible for the actions of their employees and/or agents.
- Possession of firearms, fireworks, gambling, use of alcohol or drugs, or disorderly conduct by a Vendor or his/her employees or agent also constitutes a violation of Market Rules.
2018 Downtown Farmer's Market
Produced and managed by Downtown Visions and the City of Wilmington
May 2, 2018 – October 31, 2018
See General Rules and Regulations including parking for the 2018 season below the form, left.
About the Downtown Wilmington Farmers Market
Founded in 1988 by Mayor James M. Baker the Downtown Wilmington Farmers Market is an important part of the City’s
goal of downtown revitalization. The market provides farmers, crafters, bakers, and other vendors an opportunity to sell
their products directly to citizens and tourists alike and to foster a sense of community in Wilmington. In addition to fresh
produce, the Downtown Wilmington Farmers Market offers live entertainment, café tables with umbrellas for tasty lunch
items, and a comprehensive crafts and artisan market, featuring handmade items for sale. The demographic of the
Downtown Wilmington Farmers Market spans all ages, races, and socio-economic and educational backgrounds,
attracting locals and visitors alike to enjoy all of the good things offered at the Market each week.
Produced by Downtown Visions and the City of Wilmington, the Downtown Wilmington Farmers Market showcases an
average of more than 30 vendors. The Market is centrally located in Rodney Square (between Market and King Streets
and 10th & 11th Streets) and offers 25 free parking spaces for vendors, use of public restrooms, and other amenities. It is
estimated that approximately 2500 customers visit the Downtown Wilmington Farmers Market each Wednesday.