The changing weather and end of summer festivities can be a bit sad for some, but do not fret...there are lots of unique and fun events at the historic Hotel du Pont. In fact, there is something for everyone, from wine lovers to art enthusiasts and even the deal seeker!
Downtown Visions is proud to be a main sponsor of Downtown Brewfest 2018.
Come join in the fun and select tastings from over 100 brews representing over 50 local breweries, enjoy 3 LIVE acts & two local DJ's, 11 local restaurants and 2 food trucks, designated VIP area including exclusive brews and beer-friendly finger foods, complimentary LYFT incentives and Market Streets very first homebrew competition. General tickets are $40 and VIP tickets are $55. Tickets can be purchased here.
While enjoying the event, be sure to say hello to Downtown Visions' friendly ambassadors! Additional items provided by Downtown Visions include tents, picnic tables, umbrellas, waste disposal, generators, tables, clean up and more!
Getting recognized by Bilboard.com was just the beginning. Going into their 7th year, the all-female music festival featuring some of the best talent in the country is taking gender inequality on by storm, providing free concerts to the public and getting an entire city pumped up with excitement.
This year's festival promises to be the largest yet, with music venues, coffee shops, pizza parlors, and even beauty salons taken over by the block-party like atmosphere with talented female musicians in every corner. There will even be an event dedicated to children, called, Little Ladybugs within the Delaware History Museum.
For the full schedule of events, click here. Last year's event was an unforgettable celebration of womanhood, music and community for all those that attended. Watch the short video below and immerse yourself in the Ladybug experience.
Make this 4th of July the best one yet and spend the entire day on the Wilmington Riverfront. Enjoy live music, delicious food, and a spectacular fireworks display! Check out the celebratory events below. We have all the details-from where to celebrate to avoiding the traffic!
The city's Fourth of July celebration kicks off at Tubman-Garrett Riverfront Park at 12:30 p.m. with local bands, food vendors, children's games, tours of the Kalmar Nyckel, and other family-themed activities. Below is the Tubman-Garrett Riverfront Park schedule:
- 12:30 - 8:00 p.m. The public is invited to bring a blanket, chair, lawn games, and your own picnic.
- 12:30 - 5:00 p.m. Kalmar Nyckel Tours
- 8:00 - 9:15 p.m. The Delaware Symphony Orchestra performs a celebratory concert of American music.
- 9:30 p.m. The July 4th Freedom Celebration Fireworks Show will conclude the evening.
Other events will take place along the Riverfront throughout the day brought to you by the Riverfront Development Corporation, including Riverboat Queen and River Taxi cruises and live music at Constitution Yards.
- 3:30 - 6:00 p.m. Riverboat Queen BBQ Cruise
- 5:00 - 9:30 p.m. Live Music from Country By Night at Constitution Yards Beer Garden
- 7:00 - 10:00 p.m. Riverboat Queen BBQ & Fireworks Cruise
- 7:30 - 8:30 p.m. River Taxi Wednesday on the Water Wine Cruise
- 8:30 - 9:30 p.m. River Taxi Fireworks Wine Cruise
Several road closures will be in effect for the City's Fourth of July celebration. Major crowds are expected and it is recommended that those wishing to view the fireworks arrive at the Riverfront no later than 8:00 p.m. to ensure an enjoyable experience.
Street closures and traffic advisories for the event are below. All roads will be re-opened at the conclusion of the fireworks show.
- Rosa Parks Drive between Market and French Streets at Tubman-Garrett Park will be closed beginning at 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 3.
- The Market Street Bridge will be closed to pedestrian and motorized traffic from Water Street through to A Street from 8:00 p.m. until 10:30 p.m.
- A Street from Market to Walnut Streets will be closed beginning at 8:30 p.m.
- All roads exiting from Martin Luther King Boulevard into the Riverfront area, including South Madison Street, Tatnall Street, Market Street, Orange Street, West Street, and Walnut Street will be closed beginning at 8:30 p.m. in preparation for the fireworks show.
- Traffic leaving the Shipyard Shops or Riverfront restaurants area by way of Madison Street at the end of the evening will be directed to exit along Stadium Drive and onto Beech Street and out Justison Street.
More information can be found on the City of Wilmington's website.